RTTTL Ringtone Downloads
We are often asked where to find the mono RTTTL format ring tones for use with the PICAXE tune command. The simplest method is generally to use a search engine such as Google to search the term ‘RTTTL + song name’.
However we also have some zip files containing several thousand (untested!) ringtones available for download here:
- Zip file of Mixed Tunes 1 (450 tunes)
- Zip file of Mixed Tunes 2 (375 tunes)
- Zip file of Mixed Tunes 3 (10,000 tunes)
- Zip file of TV Theme Tunes (50 tunes)
- Zip file of Christmas Tunes (70 tunes)
Once you have the correct RTTTL file copy the text into the 'Tune Wizard' within the PICAXE software.
Valid RTTTL text looks similar to this:
Auld L S:d=4,o=6,b=101:g5,c,8c,c,e,d,8c,d,8e,8d,c,8c,e,g,2a,a,g,8e,e,c,d,8c,d,8e,8d,c,8a5,a5,g5,2c
The PICAXE system does not support playing of MP3 music files directly, but see the SPE035 MP3 module.